New Additions to My DVD Collection

8:48 AM



Over Christmas I bought and was given (as presents) 18 new DVDs. I received 7 as presents and bought 10 in the Boxing Day and January Sales. I thought that I would write a post about the new additions in case you are interested.


Received as Gifts

1. Frozen - Sing-Along Edition: Even though I already own 2 Frozen DVDs (original and limited cover edition), I really wanted this one too. Frozen is one of my favourite movies so this edition was essential for my collection. As this was received as a gift, I do not know how much it cost. However, Amazon are currently selling the DVD for £10.00. [http://www.amazon.co.uk/Frozen-Sing-Along-Edition-DVD/dp/B00NIKJZFK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420296126&sr=8-1&keywords=frozen+sing+along]



2. Planes 2: Fire & Rescue: I didn't get to see this at the cinema and I am a big Disney fan so it was great that I was given this DVD. I haven't had the chance to watch it yet but as soon as I do, I'll post a review on here. As this was received as a gift, I do not know how much it cost. However, Amazon are currently selling the DVD for £10.00 [http://www.amazon.co.uk/Planes-2-Fire-Rescue-DVD/dp/B00KLC8EOG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420296329&sr=8-1&keywords=planes+2 ]





3. 22 Jump Street - I saw this at the cinema twice in the summer. I thought it was very good and a good improvement on the first film. The film is featured in my 10 Best Films of 2014. I would advise that you watch this great movie! As this was received as a gift, I do not know how much it cost. However, Amazon are currently selling the DVD for £9.99 [http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jump-Street-DVD-Channing-Tatum/dp/B00H7E8K7M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420296485&sr=8-1&keywords=22+jump+street ]




4. Mulan - I recently went to see Disney on Ice and a whole segment was based on Mulan.  The performance created an interest for me as I had never seen the film. I put this DVD on my Christmas list and was lucky to receive it. As this was received as a gift, I do not know how much it cost. However, Amazon are currently selling the DVD for £7.00 [http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mulan-DVD-Barry-Cook/dp/B001Q94TJ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420296604&sr=8-1&keywords=mulan ]

5. Guardians of the Galaxy - I watched this in the cinema during the summer and was completely surprised with the quality of the film (that is a positive). This film is featured in my 10 Best Films of 2014. If you haven't see Guardians of the Galaxy already..where have you been! It is great! As this was received as a gift, I do not know how much it cost. However, Amazon are currently selling the DVD for £10.00 [http://www.amazon.co.uk/Guardians-Galaxy-DVD-Chris-Pratt/dp/B00IXGU6LG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420296736&sr=8-1&keywords=guardians+of+the+galaxy ]

6. The Purge: Anarchy - I also watched this film at the cinema during the summer and thought that it made a major improvement compared to the first film. This film is featured in my 10 Best Films of 2014. I really think you should watch this movie! As this was received as a gift, I do not know how much it cost. However, Amazon are currently selling the DVD for £9.99 [http://www.amazon.co.uk/Purge-Anarchy-DVD-Frank-Grillo/dp/B00M2UYWV4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420296859&sr=8-1&keywords=the+purge+anarchy ]


7. Into the Storm - I have yet to watch this film but as soon as I do, I will post a review of it on here. As this was received as a gift, I do not know how much it cost. However, Amazon are currently selling the DVD for £10.00 [http://www.amazon.co.uk/Into-Storm-DVD-Richard-Armitage/dp/B00J9BZPWY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420296954&sr=8-1&keywords=into+the+storm ]

Bought in the Boxing Day and January Sales

8. Earth to Echo - I have yet to watch this film but as soon as I do, I will post a review of it on here. I bought the film as part of a 2 for £20 offer at HMV.

9. How To Train Your Dragon 2 - I watched this film on NYE and was really disappointed! I thought it was very boring and unoriginal. I bought this film as part of a 2 for £20 offer at HMV.









10. Tammy - I watched this film and was really disappointed. Tammy is featured on my Worst Films of 2014 list. I bought this film for £6.99 from HMV which is a great deal considering it is quite a recent release.


11. Blended - I was reluctant to buy this film as I didn't think it would be very good. However, I was pleasantly surprised as I thought it was a very 'feel good' type of film! I rated the film 3.5/5. I bought this film from HMV at a price of £4.99 which is another great deal!









12. Night at The Museum 1&2- Double Pack Edition - I bought this as I had recently watched the 3rd instalment of this film series and realised that I do not currently own the first 2 films. I got a fantastic deal on these as it was only £2.99 from HMV.






13. Godzilla - I watched this film at the cinema in the summer and thought that it wasn't great but also wasn't awful. I went to HMV in late December and saw that it was only £6.99 so I bought the DVD. I think this is another great deal!






14. The Guest - You can read my review of this film here. The film was at full price (£10) from HMV as it was only released this week.

15. Sex Tape - I saw this film at the cinema in September. Even though the film is featured in my Worst Films of 2014 list, it is one of those movies that are so bad, that it's actually quite good. The film was at full price (£10) from HMV as it was its first week of release when I purchased the DVD.








16. The Wolverine - I am yet to watch this film but when I do, I will post a review of it on my blog. The film was just £5.99 from HMV which is another great deal!











17. Robocop - I am yet to watch this film but when I do,  I will post a review of it on my blog. The film was only £5.99 from HMV which is a bargain considering it was a 2014 release.

18. The Call - I have been wanting to watch this film for a while. I finally got to and thought that the first 2 acts were brilliant but it became a little unrealistic in the third act. 3.5/5. I can't remember the price of this - it was either £2.99 or £3.99 from HMV but whatever price, it was a great movie.





HMV do not currently have an online store so you would have to visit them in store (UK Only) to receive these great deals.
Amazon also provide similar deals which are also very good!

I hope you have enjoyed this post (Even though it's a little different to what I usually post about). Make sure you follow this blog as new reviews are being added all of the time!

See You Soon!

You Might Also Like

0 comments